Welcome to ColorLab®!
Design the colorful skates of your dreams with Riedell ColorLab®! For an additional fee to the price of your skate boot, you can add as many different colors as there are panels or sections of your skate boot. We offer over 35 leather, metallic leather, and suede leather colors, so you can get as creative as you want when designing your new skates. This online interactive tool allows you to pick your colors for each part of the skate boot and will show you what your skates will look like. Once you are done, simply save your PDF and contact your local Riedell Authorized Dealer to order your Riedell ColorLab boots. You can also contact a Riedell Customer Service Representative at 800-698-6893 and they will walk you through the process and help to get your Riedell ColorLab order placed.
We know how important the bond is between a skater and their skates. With ColorLab you can create skates that reflect your individual style and aesthetic to bring a new dimension to your skating experience. Each pair of Custom designed ColorLab boots is lovingly hand-crafted by our team of skilled artisan bootmakers in our facility in Red Wing, Minnesota. We offer a wide selection of the finest quality leathers in a dazzling array of colors and materials. Want to learn more about our production process?
Below you’ll find answers to the questions we get asked most about Riedell ColorLab.
For any additional questions your may have about ColorLab, please contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-698-6893 or by emailing .
ColorLab How To Guide:
- Select either a roller skate boot or an ice skate boot.
- Select from the available skate boot models you would like to ColorLab.
- Design your boots.
- Check marks will indicate your progress.
- Once finished designing, click the “Create Order” button and complete the next steps.
- Save the PDF and either contact your local Riedell Dealer or Riedell directly at or by calling 1-800-698-6893. The PDF will be needed to place your order.
Riedell ColorLab is an additional $160.00 USD ($199.00 CAN) to the retail price of the boot.
NOTE: Some models like our Model 951 and 3200 include ColorLab with the price of the boot. A ColorLab design PDF is needed to complete the order of these models.
You are not able to order a ColorLab boot directly from this website. Billing and shipping address information is collected to ease the ordering process through your local Riedell dealer or with Riedell directly. We do not collect any payment information on ColorLab. To order a ColorLab boot, please follow these steps:
- Complete your ColorLab design and save the design PDF.
- Do either of the following:
- Contact your local Riedell dealer and provide them with the ColorLab design form and place your order through them. You can find an Authorized Riedell Dealer near you by visiting our Dealer Locator.
- Contact Riedell’s Customer Service Team directly by emailing .
- Be sure to attach the ColorLab Design PDF.
- Once the email is received, a Customer Service Team Member will contact you to collect payment and confirm all details.
- If you are not quite ready to order or have additional questions about ColorLab or your potential order, please contact Customer Service by calling 1-800-698-6893 or emailing .
Our current production time for ColorLab boots is 8-10 weeks plus the shipping time for the boots to arrive to you once it leaves our facility in Red Wing, MN.
No. ColorLab boots cannot be returned.
It is important that you know your skate size, both length and width, prior to ordering. ColorLab boots cannot be returned because of sizing issues.
If the boots you receive are made incorrectly from the PDF design form you submitted, please contact Customer Service at or call 1-800-698-6893.
Abilene leather is a very stiff material that can be difficult to work with in some instances. It is stiff and doesn’t allow for color logos to be stamped on it. Because of this, we can only allow for clear/embossed logos on Abilene. For this reason, we moved it to the Suede section so that if chosen, the only option for logos on a part of the boot that includes one is clear/embossed.
Yes. Some may find it hard to choose a color and would like to see what it physically looks like before making a final decision. Free swatch samples of all of our ColorLab leathers can be ordered by contacting our Customer Service Team directly by emailing or by calling 1-800-698-6893.
Most likely the answer is yes. If the boot model you want is not shown on ColorLab, and if it is made at our factory in Red Wing, MN, we should be able to help you get your dream boots. We may have PDF order forms to send you, like we do for the Blue Streak, Model 495, and Model 265, or we’ll look to take your order another way. We are working to add models to the ColorLab design studio in the future. If you have questions about a boot model that is not available on ColorLab, please contact our Customer Service Team directly by calling 1-800-698-6893 or emailing .
No. The ColorLab does not save or store your designs or address information. Once you close out or refresh the page it is deleted.
Colorlab is supported on all modern web browsers running at minimum: iOS 14+; Safari 14+ (requires macOS 11+); Chrome 41+; Android 5+; Edge 79+; Firefox 65+; Samsung 4+